Axkid Minikid 2 (2022/23)
Axkid Minikid 2 is an award-winning car seat that grows with your child. A car seat that allows your child to travel rear-facing up to 6-7 years of age. Easy installation, comfortable positioning and excellent protection from all angles are benefits that can be found on Axkid Minikid 2.
- One of the world’s most popular and award winning extended rear-facing car seats
- Compact design that allows extended rear-facing up to 6-7 years of age
- Simple and secure installation with self-tightening tether-straps
- Automatic headrest that adjusts automatically to the child’s height
The Minikid 2 has now come in an upgraded version – The Axkid Minikid 2 (2022/23) Collection! The already long back length is now even longer with its updated headrest geometry. This allows for your child to sit comfortably in the Minikid 2 for even longer! The textile material is now updated with a stretchy and custom fitted fabric for easier fitting.
Minikid 2 – a secure and spacious seat with extensive smart features
The Minikid is designed with a Swedish safety-mindset into its DNA allowing “real” extended rear-facing up to 6-7 years of age but still in a compact design.
Easy installation and secure handling
More than 60% of all car seats are to some extent installed incorrectly. The unique self-tightening tether straps featured on the Minikid 2 makes the installation smooth as the seat can be “wiggled” into place. Thanks to the straps, everyday handling is easy and secure since the seat is kept in place at all times and does not become loose over time (belt attached seats should always be regularly checked).
Comfortable and secure positioning
Axkid Minikid 2 is unique on the market with the headrest growing with your child. The headrest and internal harness automatically adjusts according to the child’s height and size. This makes it easy to make sure your child has both a secure and comfortable position when seated in a Minikid.
Protection from all angles
25% of all severe accidents are collisions directly from the side or frontal accidents with a side angle. The innovative Axkid Side Impact Protection (ASIP) is developed with the most prestigious crash institute in the world – ADAC in Germany. Upon a side collision, ASIP is built to deform and absorb the crash energy before it reaches your child.
Comfort for both children and parents
Don’t make compromises on comfort when travelling with your child. The multi-adjustable recline leg allows you to use five different positions for a comfortable and secure recline for your child, depending on age, height and backseat’s angle. If more recline is needed, our angle adjusting wedge is a good addition adding up to 10 degrees of recline.
An award winner
Axkid Minikid 2 has passed the world’s toughest rear-facing crash test, the “Plus Test” and has been awarded “Good Choice” by Folksam. In 2020 Mother and Baby named the seat top 3 in the rear-facing category.
Please notice that even though Axkid Minikid 2 is approved between 0-25 kg, we always recommend starting with the infant car seat as this is best suited for small babies. The car seat has no ISOFIX-connectors and should always be installed rear-facing with belt attachment.
Axkid Minikid 2 is famous for its possibility for extended rear-facing and also for saving many lives.
Learn more about how Minikid 2 saves lives in our real–life stories here »
Tethers are included
Internal harness and headrest that automatically adjusts to your child’s height and size
5 reclining positions
Self-tightening tether straps
Removable baby-cushion included
Axkid Side Impact Protection (ASIP)
Seat cover in machine washable at 30°
- Internal harness and headrest that automatically adjusts to your child’s height and size
- Seven fixed positions on the headrest
- 5 reclining positions
- One-click-extended support leg
- Self-tightening tether straps
- Installation with Seat Belt Attachment
- Removable baby-cushion included
- Axkid Side Impact Protection (ASIP)
- Seat cover in machine washable at 30°
- Compatible with big and small vehicles
- Approved according to ECE R44/04
- Tethers are included
- 46 cm
- 62 cm
- 56 cm
- 11,4 kg
Plus Test approved up to 25 kg
Safety system by Holmbergs
Facts about Minikid 2
- Type: Rear-facing car seat
- Installation: Seat belt attachment
- Approved weight of child: up to 25 kg
- Approved height of child: up to approx. 125 cm
- Certification: ECE R44/04
- Plus Tested: Yes, up to 25 kg